We listen. We communicate. We build and remodel.
Are you seeking to improve your living space or create a home environment that fits your evolving lifestyle with a creative, thoughtful home remodel? Then you’ve found the right place.
At Mac-Bo Homes & Remodels of Portland, Oregon we believe in starting with your personal vision. The Mac-Bo home remodeling experience is a partnership, in which we listen to your thoughts, ideas, and desires, and then move on to concrete answers on how to renovate your home to make it more relevant to your life. If your house isn’t working for you in its current form – an inefficient kitchen, a bathroom that lacks pizzazz, a spare bedroom that isn’t being used – we help find the ideal solution to “How do we make your space more livable for you?”
Key to our home remodeling service is the ability to bring together a unique set of renovation planning, design and construction talents to solve any problem. In the Mac-Bo world, design-and-build is based on the client’s needs and particular, personal leanings in home remodeling design and layout. Our job is to bring together the specific set of resources needed to make your vision become a reality. We listen to your ideas, we ask you about budget and timeline, and then we get to work on proposing a home remodeling plan that meets your specific requirements.
Nuts & Bolts of a Mac-Bo Remodel
So, once you’ve begun your vision quest for renovation, what are the steps involved?
- Call us 503-282-1841.
- We meet you.
- We listen to you talk.
- We discuss home remodeling design options as part of our Pre-Construction Services.
- We prepare a proposal. Our remodeling proposals are very detailed, and specific to your requirements. Once we agree on budget, timeline and scope, we embark on our collaborative journey towards the home you want as opposed to the one you have.
Mac-Bo Pre-Construction Services – A Solid Renovation Foundation
In a design-and-build project, it’s important to spell out the work to be done before building begins. Our Pre-Construction Services benefit you, the homeowner, by preventing scheduling delays, reducing change orders and handling the many details that we encounter when building and remodeling. From concept to permitted plans, Pre-Construction Services may encompass as much or as little of this process as you require. Many clients lend us a hand during the process; however some ask Mac-Bo to handle all the details.
Pre-Construction items may include, but are not limited to:
- Contract for Pre-Construction Services
- Conceptual layout and design, exploring ideas and understanding needs and wants, order of magnitude
- Functional and budgetary planning, determining the most effective way to achieve the desired goal
- Design and drawings, alterations, working with the in-house designer, an architect or engineer
- Product choices, trim details, electrical, mechanical and plumbing, surfaces, cabinetry, appliances and lighting
- Estimating, financing and negotiation and scheduling
- Permitting, variances and code-related questions
- Contract, final production schedule, start date, finish date
Mac-Bo Homes & Remodels Pre-Construction Services aim to answer as many questions as possible prior to building – details may be right down to color choices for paint and surfaces. While many of these minutiae can be planned while building is going on, we want to be able to order items to have available for installation on schedule – keeping your project on budget and on time.
Once Pre-Construction services are complete, building on your Mac-Bo remodeling or addition project commences.
See our Portfolio pagesfor innovative Mac-Bo ideas to help get you started in your own remodeling venture.
And call us for that first conversation. 503-282-1841